Visa & Travel
A temporary visitor visa will be issued for applicants who visit Japan for short term (within 90 days) for purpose not for paid activities or profit making operations such as business, tourism, visit to family etc.
Requested documents vary according to the purpose as follows;
○ The Embassy declines insufficient or incomplete applications.
○ Additional documents may be requested during the course of application and examination.
○ Do Not staple application documents.
○ The Embassy does not make copies.
○ The signature on the designated application form should be the same as the one on the applicant’s passport.
○ Once submitted for application, the documents will not be returned. However, the documents such as ID card or Business Registration Certificate will be returned after examination. Please make sure that you receive them when you pick up a visa.
○ Reason(s) for declined applications will not be disclosed.
○ Early application such as two months prior to the travel date is strongly recommended.
Applicants for a visa for business purposes (Business on invitation from Japan) should submit the following documents:
* To know how to apply for a multiple-entry visa for business purposes (Business on Invitation from Japan), please contact us during the working hours.
○ Valid passport (At least one empty, blank visa page is needed) and a copy of its ID page
○ Completed and signed application form ( designated application form )
○ Two photos (4x6, taken within the last 3 months, no frame, white background)
○ Print out of flight reservation (round trip from Egypt to Japan)
○ Letter from applicant’s company which clearly shows the following;
-Overview of its business (field of business)
-Length of employment
-Purpose and period of the journey to Japan
-Bearer of expenses
○ Original and sealed bank statement of the applicant’s company for the last three months at least, and its copy (it must be in English)
○ Day by day schedule in Japan
○ Business transaction document with the inviter (such as bill of lading)
[The following must be translated into English. A simple self-translation would be accepted]
○ Original company registration, its copy and its translation in English
○ Original import card, its copy and its translation in English
○ Original tax card, its copy and its translation in English
[The following must be sent from Japan by post or shipping companies]
○ Original "Letter of Reason for Invitation" (sample form)
○ Original "Letter of guarantee" (sample form)
○ Original certified copy of the incorporation register ("Tokibo tohon")
(A stock exchange-listed company can submit its quarterly corporate report ("Kaisya shikiho") in lieu of the aforementioned certified copy)
○ Original certificate of tax payment (From 2)("Nozei shomeisho")
Tourism, visiting relatives or friends, recreation etc.