Visa & Travel
Japan Visa Information Hotline (Toll Free)
24 hours a day and 7 days a week (English language only)
81 Corniche El Nil Street, Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
P.O.Box 500, Maadi
Visa application and pick up at the 1st and 2nd window
9:00 am - 2:00 pm (Sunday through Thursday)
Closed : Fridays, Saturdays and Embassy Holidays
- It should be noted that the Embassy does NOT provide visa expediting service.
- The time to process an application for visa depends on the applicant's circumstances.
- In most cases, it takes four business days to a week (including the date of application), if the documentation is in order.
- The Embassy may make inquiries to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo. In such cases, over a few weeks or more are needed to process an application.
- The visa fees changes every fiscal year (The Japanese fiscal year starts on 1 April).
The visa system for Egyptian passport holders
- The Egyptian passport holders (including diplomatic and official passports) need a visa to enter Japan before arrival in Japan.
If you plan to visit Japan for for 90 days or less